[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7601: Remove checkbox border from t3skin in Internet Explorer

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Feb 20 23:23:12 CET 2008

This is a SVN patch request.

Branches: 4.2

Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7601

Problem:
t3skin defines a CSS style for input checkboxes that has no border, but
this style is ignored by Internet Explorer since it doesn't support
attribute selectors.

Solution:
Dynamically add a class to all checkboxes using attribute selectors in
Prototype so that the CSS style can be targeted at the checkbox class.

Notes:
I'm currently adding the Javascript via the backend template class so
that its included as part of $this->doc.  If there are better
suggestions on how to include it, I'm open to that.  We may also want to
consider expanding this to add classes other than the checkbox.

Thanks,
Jeff