[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 20 12:30:17 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Who says that? Well, you says so, but it strikes me odd that a
> descripion has to be that short (a few characters).

Description is displayed by Google for pages that use generic quieries if Google cannot find snippets in the page text. If description is long, Google will cut it. So you will want to make description short and clear. That also helps your web site: good description in search results will attract more people. No one will read a poem there :)

I am not saying it should be a few characters. But it definitely should be short.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team