[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Wed Feb 20 11:30:09 CET 2008

Morning Ingo,

I suppose usage varies, but they both have their right to be there. My
szenario is this.
Description is for meta description and shown in result lists of search
engines (e.g. google). Therefore content of it therefore has to be
understandable outside the context of your website.

Abstract is used for article listings or page teasers *inside* your
website. You only need to fill it in if
a) it's wording needs to be different from what is seen in result lists
of search engines.
b) you allow html for abstract which might be needed, because in the
normal sense of the word and abstract might consist of two or three
paragraphs and needs some inline markup.

I am unsure which order might be the most convenient for most projects.

Apart from that, description should have at least two lines, because at
least I currently do not have a single description I can see fully in
that form field.

Prosit, Uschi