[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #7425: syntax error in temp_CACHE*.php: ERROR

Stefan Galinski stefan.galinski at frm2.tum.de
Wed Feb 20 10:47:22 CET 2008

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> Hey Francois,
>
> Francois Suter wrote:
>> Hmm, is there a solution then? date2cal is an extremely useful extension
>> bringing a real usability gain to the TYPO3 BE. Could it be integrated
>> into core? Is that difficult? Is it too late for 4.2?
>
> The author is happy to work on a core integration for 4.3, he said. I'm
> looking forward to that.
>
> As far as 4.2 and date2cal is concerned, I guess the extension just
> needs some little tweaks here and there to work fine with 4.2 as well.
>
> cheers
> Ingmar

Hi,

I know about the cache problem in date2cal which was introduced with the
patch. Its easy to fix and will be done in the next and hopefully last
release before i start writing the core patch. If nothing big happens in
the next few days the new compatible version will be released this weekend.

I will write a core patch for TYPO3 4.3 definitly. I have promised Ingmar to
do that and doesn't want to break it.

Because the caching stuff in date2cal:
I simple haven't found a better way to implement this feature. Also caching
can be disabled in the extension configuration if somebody doesn't like it.

--
Stefan