[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Wed Feb 20 10:15:38 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> What you are saying is that the concept of the secondary options is
> flawed. This could be. But unless we do away with them we can use them
> for lesser used features. Few of my sites make use of author and
> author_email, so my users won't miss them much. But - as always - YMMV.

Sorry, this is a misunderstanding, I do not regard the *concept* of
secondary options as flawed, but I do think that one has to think twice
about what might be secondary and what is primary.
And I do not see a connection between primary fields = must be one
Secondary fields = might be more then one.

There still are a lot of little gremlins in those forms, and we should
sort them out *before* 4.2 comes to light. In my eyes a general
discussion is useless at the moment, because we do not have much time.

Uschi