[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Wed Feb 20 09:35:03 CET 2008

Morning Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> I don't see why both of them should be in a palette. I'm fine if
> author_email is a secondary option to author. To me it is more logical
> to add an address if I have set a name.

Because it is easier if you see what you can enter instead of having to
expand a secondary option to find out what else you can do. They simply
belong together and fit together in one line. If we used more palettes
in the main entry quite a few forms would become a lot clearer + easier
to use.

My favorite example is the header field for tt_content. The header type
should be shown with the input field itself, because authors will need
it to get the document outline right! This is a prerequisite for
accessible websites!

Prosit, Uschi