[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #3491: Linking between domains in the pagetree ignores simulate static documents

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 19 09:33:59 CET 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Problem: when making a link to a page outside of current domain but in
> the same tree, it will be linked as "/index.php?id=12345". Proper
> linking (=getting /page1/page2/page2) would require initializing TSFE
> for that page, parsing TS template and recursive call to typolink. This
> is not feasible from performance view at all. This is why default scheme
> is used. But this forces people to use external URLs, which is bad
> because pages may be rearranged and link will become invalid. However if
> all domains use the same languages, the same URL linking method
> simulateStatic or realurl), people should take a risk and be able to
> link outside od domain with current linking method.

Committed to 4.2 (with fixed typo in setting name (sorry, early wake up)). Documentation is updated at http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation#doc_core_tsref with the following text:

Property: typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains
Data type: boolean
Default value: 0
// description start //
This option enables to create link across domains using current domain's linking scheme. If this option is not set, then all cross-domain links will be generated as "http://domain.tld/index.php?id=12345" (where 12345 is page id). If this option is set and current site uses, for example, simulateStatic, then links will be generated as "http://domain.tld/PageTitle.12345.html" (includes RTE links too). Setting this option requires that domains, where pages are linked, have the same configuration for:
- linking scheme (i.e. all use simulateStatic or RealURL or CoolURI but not any mixture)
- all domains have identical localization settings (config.sys_language_XXX directives)
- all domains have the same set of languages defined

This option implies "config.typolinkCheckRootline=1", which will be activated automatically. Setting value of "config. typolinkCheckRootline" inside TS template will have no effect.

Disclamer: it must be understood that while link is generated to another domain, it is still generated in the context of current domain. No side effects are known at the time of writing of this documentation but they may exist. If any side effects are found, this documentation will be updated to include them.
// description end //

I think that disclamer is essntial part of documentation. While this option is useful, I feel it may be dangerous.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team