[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #7580: Enable tabs for be_groups

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Feb 18 22:29:13 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7580

Branches:
4.2

Problem:
Following up on Steffen's patches for other records, here's the full
enabling of tabs for be_groups.

Solution:
I have enabled tabs, added the missing labels for the existing --div--
markers and reorganised the fields among the various tabs.

Notes:
I am submitting this just for be_groups to get some opinions. be_users
will follow.

The main thing I changed is to keep the same tabs for both type 0 and 1
(0 is without detailed access list). This make the interface more
coherent IMO, even if it means that the "Base access rights" tab is
nearly empty in that case.

I added a specific tab for file and DB mounts and workspaces. I
introduced an "Extended access rights" at the end for options coming
from extensions.

I am hesitant about a couple of points:

- the "Hide in list" field could be moved to the "Options" tab I think.
I'm not sure about the "Lock to domain", but I left it in the "General"
tab to be consistent with what Steffen did for fe_users and fe_groups.
- if it were me I would move the "Limit to languages" and "Custom module
options" to the "Options" tab, even though they depend on the value of
the detailed access list toggle, which is in the "Base access rights" tab.

It's a shame dynTabs are grouped by 4, since that means I have now 2
rows of tabs, but it doesn't seem to be configurable, nor easy to
change. Shame now that we have a 100% width in the BE...

Fire your comments.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter