[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 18 16:09:52 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> did you tested it?

No, this is not in my plan for today. I have hell lots of things to fix in TYPO3/extensions for today and I did not even finish half of it since the morning!

I do not think these are fields that we should have. Having 100 fields is much worse than having 90 or 50. We do not need Boeing in BE! This is zero or negative usability!

> There is nothing crowded, with the tabs there you have good structure.

Have you tried working wth all these tabs? Switching them with moves+clicks instead of simple scroll with a wheel? If you edit pages daily, you must notice it is much more work than earlier. It already becomes very annoying to use new BE with all these tabs, select boxes far in the corners, etc. Zero usability! Impossible to work with if you have to work (not just test how it works)...

> btw - i don't know a way to with TSConfig to set a palette to
> "canNotCollapse"

You can changes "types" to whatever you like.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team