[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #3491: Linking between domains in the pagetree ignores simulate static documents

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Mon Feb 18 13:09:57 CET 2008

Hi,

It would be great if we could get this one in. I almost forgot about it but it
is a major pain having to use external url for sites in the same pagetree. I
even think the same problem arises in the RTE when pointing to another domain in
 your TYPO3 installation. I suppose that is also taken care of then?

tHNx

ben

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: 40% bug, 60% new feature ;)
>
> Branch: 4.2
>
> Problem: when making a link to a page outside of current domain but in
> the same tree, it will be linked as "/index.php?id=12345". Proper
> linking (=getting /page1/page2/page2) would require initializing TSFE
> for that page, parsing TS template and recursive call to typolink. This
> is not feasible from performance view at all. This is why default scheme
> is used. But this forces people to use external URLs, which is bad
> because pages may be rearranged and link will become invalid. However if
> all domains use the same languages, the same URL linking method
> simulateStatic or realurl), people should take a risk and be able to
> link outside od domain with current linking method.
>
> Solution: the patch above adds a new configuration directive that
> enables linking outside domains:
> "config.typolinkEnableLinksAccrosDomains=1". It implies
> "typolinkCheckRootline". As a result simulateStatic will work. RealURL
> will not work out of the box because it requires proper rootline but
> I'll fix it ;)
>
> I hope to get this to 4.2 because it would really nice addition to
> shining 4.2 release :)

netcreators :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com -  www.TYPO3.nl

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?