[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6846: Enable tabs in tt_content records (new)

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 18 11:57:32 CET 2008

Hi Benni,

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1495.1203330548.5943.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey Steffen,
>
> my two cents...
>
> * I'd rather have it done right and well thought out than hurried ;-).

good  :)

> * When using text/w image, we have a tab "Media" where the image options
> are, though when using type "Image", it's directly in the first tab. This
> way the user is confused doesn't know where it is. I'd like to have this
> in the Media tab there as well... otherwise it makes it inconsistent. But
> then also, the Type should be renamed to "Text w/ Media" and we could
> integrate the cool ext from Georg (probably for 4.3 then). Anyway, so I
> propose to have the Images always in the second tab. People rather click
> on the second tab than scrolling all the way down (at least that's my
> impression).

if we have a "single" contentelement, all informations are in "General" tab.
This makes sense because you don't need 2 clicks to apply CE's settings.
Text/images is a combined field, where one part must go in second tab, and
Text is the main for General.

I agree with renaming Text/Media, but would say lets postpone this for 4.3
with integrating Georg's Medias to have a right reason for.

> * Image Links needs to be right under Image Dimensions IMHO, I use this
> far more than the "Long URL description" and such. Apart from that I like
> the ordering of the Image stuff.

ok, no ptroblem

> * Thanks for the access tab :)

*büdde*

> * To top needs to be in a separate part (;;;;), otherwise people think it
> belongs to e.g. the image.

ok

> * "To top" is in the second tab when using a plugin, otherwise in the
> first tab. => inconsistent.

i check that again, should not.

> * Not so sure about the "Tabs in Tabs" for the plugins (looks ok for the
> table), but maybe I just need to get used to it.

as Ingo said, this is postponed for 4.3

> Maybe I'll find more while testing... :)

thx for testing. I will create a new patch taking care of  your comments ;-)

vg  Steffen