[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4553: Bugfix - Enable negative timestamps

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Feb 17 21:00:50 CET 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1203276566.3649.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Branches: 4.2.
>>
>> Bugtracker:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4553
>>
>> Problem:
>> It was not possible to use negative timestamps (also limitation for php
>> <5.1)
>>
>> Solution:
>> Now we have a minimum of php 5.2 and negative timestamps are no longer a
>> problem.
>> I modified the eval function in js and now it's possible to enter dates
>> before 1970
>
> The lower limit is 1902, which is fine because it's actually 1901-12-13.
> But according to that logic the upper limit should be 2037 (2038-01-19).
>
> Please make the range either from 1902-01-01 to 2037-12-31 (easier) or
> from 1901-12-13 to 2038-01-19 (maximum range).
>
> Otherwise +1 from reading, but I hope that this is the only constraint in
> the Core. No further check in TCEmain, or so?
>
> Masi

Hi masi,

surely this was a quick change which removes the lower limit.
I checked it out with birthday of sr_feuser_register, and it's displayed
correct and saved as negative timestamp, so there is no further check
needed, only limitation was the eval script.
The date check is seperated with eval year, month and day so i only
conentrated on eval year now.

vg  Steffen