[TYPO3-core] Warning: labels severely modified - must be reverted!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Feb 17 20:11:55 CET 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
>> that only concludes in one thing: it should be able to be version
>
> ...should be able for translations to be version specific...

I agree completely but we have to live with currnt situation. Even if we implement version-specific language packs in 4.2, there are still 3.x, 4.0.x and 4.1x versions where this must be implemented. Also someone will have to convince translators to translate labels for all versions... I do not see it as solvable task :( May be this is a reason why Kasper implemented versionless language packs.

You always can intriduce *new* labels. So just revert old ones and add new. No harm will be done.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team