[TYPO3-core] FYI: Cleanup (wrong global statement) in new TYPO3AJAX class

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 21:17:16 CET 2008

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> I'm glad we all have time to talk about issues like that while other
> contributers are still awaiting reviews from us for their patches.

Benni, you are not the only one who works hard for TYPO3 :) There is no need to be so much offended. We all miss some things, which appear in discussions. This is why we remind each other abiut them.

I got once or twice reminders about spaces/tabs issue, cr/lf issue. Others get reminders about making patches relative to TYPO3 root. There is nothing unusual in it. It just work.

We try to unify code and some time ago core team agreed that we will attemot to avoid "global" declaration if we can. Earlier I used it a lot but now I do not use it at all to be inline with our recent agreements. And I see no problem in it.

> I couldn't find anything about the "minimum of 4" or "global statement
> is discouraged" in the live (but deprecated) CGL document:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/4.1.0/view/1/3/
>
> so I don't see a strong reason other than the personal feeling about
> code from others.

This is not personal. This is an agreement inside core team where you belong too.

> Anyway, I also couldn't find anything useful in the last hour about
> reverting a commit in SVN as a developer, so I won't react on this
> issue. Please feel free to do a followup FYI on my patch and commit your
> cleanup, I am totally cool with that.

Ok.

> I am actually quite pissed that I've spent any time more than necessary
> here for this EXTREME nitpicking where I just should have left as it is.

Well, it happens. I am quite pissed that several important my patches are dead here but what should I do? :) I can only continue working. It's life, mate. "No one will remember it after 100 years" (c) Terminator-1. We will drink beer at t3dd08 and laugh about it :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team