[TYPO3-core] RFC #7496: exclude for header_position, header_link

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Tue Feb 12 14:10:47 CET 2008

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Hm, but Kasper is right at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=482
> If a TYPO3 installation gets upgraded and these fields were used before,
> it's some work for the admin to re-enable it in the usergroups. But this
> e.g. could be solved by a compat_mode part and/or a script in the update
> wizard.

Sorry for being sarcastic but If there is an upgrade to 4.2. every
website is *really* *broken* if there is PHP < 5.x, every editor will be
kind of disturbed if a doktype is missing now, the checkboxes underneath
the bodytext are hidden now, ... so there are always changes with a new
version

> The change is only two lines but modifies behaviour compared to older
> releases. Thus, I look at this as a feature.

it just modifies the behaviour if the admin doesn't adopt anything

Georg