[TYPO3-core] RFC #7496: exclude for header_position, header_link

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Feb 12 09:39:16 CET 2008

Hi,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Georg Ringer" <news at ringerge.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1202804477.21547.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix/Feature (depends on the opinion)
>>
>> Branches: trunk, 4.2.
>>
>> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7496
>>
>> Problem: The fields header_position & header_link are always shown and
>> there is no way to hide them! These fields are hardly ever used and it
>> would be very nice to be able to hide them.
>>
>> I know Kasper has been against these in 2 BT entries
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=482 &
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1403 which are very old and are not
>> up-to-date anymore! He states that this would break all installations
>> but this is just not true! Nothing breaks, just 2 fields need to be
>> updated in the user rights (if there is an update of TYPO3) and so many
>> things changed in the Backend like the whole new skin, doktypes are
>> getting removed, tabs in page props and so on.
>>
>> Please just think of a simple backend with a content element just
>> containing the header & bodytext (RTE). No Need for the other 2 fields
>>
> it's a simple patch that adds the exclude field, imho a no brainer to let
> them configure for the editors, +1

Hm, but Kasper is right at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=482
If a TYPO3 installation gets upgraded and these fields were used before,
it's some work for the admin to re-enable it in the usergroups. But this
e.g. could be solved by a compat_mode part and/or a script in the update
wizard.

The change is only two lines but modifies behaviour compared to older
releases. Thus, I look at this as a feature.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/