[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6452: option end for HMENU / and negative values for begin and end

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Feb 9 09:46:45 CET 2008

Daniel Pötzinger wrote:
> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>> Looks like a nice improvement.
>>
>> Do I get it right that this behaves similar to the parameters of the
>> php function substr() then?
>
> Yes like this. If the offset is negative it is counted from the end.
>
> Do you think this will make it in 4.2? (feauture freeze)
> =>then i will go to update patch and documentation.

Not sure, Ingo will have to decide.

What speaks against it is that it's a new feature, but what speaks in
favour of it is that it only does something when the new option endAt is
set or begin has a negative value which is also a new option, so it
shouldn't change anything for existing sites.

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht