[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Feb 7 13:30:23 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Currently we have only services as a general solution, but they have one
> big disadvantage. The admin can only install services, but he cannot
> choose which one will be used. This is done completely automatically.

Hello,

In my opinion also services are a much better solution than having a static
t3lib_lock instead.

To have the priority of those service-classes configurable we could simply
get the service-value "Priority" (0-100) from a configuration variable
of ext_conf_template.txt ...

So an admin who for example installs the ultra new not even released
"beowulf-grid-computing-locking" extension, he would have the possibility
to either simply uninstall the "normal-flocking" extension or just change
their priority in the EM ...

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919