[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #7425: syntax error in temp_CACHE*.php

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Feb 7 09:33:20 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: Trunk only
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7425
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Problem:
>
> if extensions ext_localconf.php or ext_tables.php misses php endtag, there
> is a syntax error in temp_CACHE*.php because they are merged together, and
> then such a construct leads to the syntax error:
>
> <?php
> <?php
>
> Solution:
>
> strip out php-tags and wrap with single php-tag

Any PHP error in ext_localconf.php or ext_tables.php will break the caches.
This happens only during development. Any extension that comes with broken
configuration files is seriously flawed. We should not get developer get
away with that.

So -1.

But what would be nice, if TYPO3 would stop gracefully and tell the admin
which extensions ist to be removed manually from localconf.php

Masi