[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug (?) #7378: "Clear all caches" doesn't delete temp_CACHED... files.

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 6 18:41:54 CET 2008

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> I don't know how this could slip through, but the name is indeed misleading!
>
> Check out the two cache control options in TYPO3 4.1:
> - Clear cache in typo3conf/
> - Clear FE cache
>
> Whereas in 4.2, the links have changed to the following:
> - Clear all caches (was "Clear FE cache" before)
> - Clear page content cache (new)
> - Clear configuration cache (was "same as Clear cache in typo3conf/" before)

Hm. I am looking to it for some time already and now I think we should keep 4.1 scheme but set/add another labels for 4.2. We should use "Clear frontend cache" and "Clear configuration cache". "FE" and "typo3conf/" existed for a long time but they are more jargon-like.

So if we remove 4.2-added item and make proper labels, all will be fine. And the change will be minimal.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team