[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2731: Improved caching of locallang

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Tue Feb 5 18:40:55 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

> Notes: This is a change from the old internal behaviour. Now all the
> strings are correct at once (after loading from file) without the need
> for further processing.
>
> Warning: I have started this patch a long time ago for the BE. This part
> worked well. The part for the FE I have written right now (in the
> night). This part is not so well tested.
>
> As the diff is nearly unreadable please test with various setups. Use
> languages with different charset, set and unset forceCharset, fiddle
> with renderCharset. In typo3temp/llxml you'll find a cache file for each
>  locallang.php, language and charset.

Please try htmlArea RTE with a utf-8 backend and language other than
English. Many localized strings in button tooltips and/or popup windows
are broken. These strings are taken from a file generated by
class.tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php. I wish I could understand what I need to
do to correct this.

Regards,
Stanislas