[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 5 11:42:09 CET 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> start doing so... it's your time that you invest preparing and doing the
> upgrade.

Ingo, reality is different here :( Lots of companies, who can do it for free or cheaper. And people do often care if that would be with worse quality: 90% of then want it cheaper and this is the only criteria. One fact: state company must orginise "competition" if they want something to be done by a 3rd party. According to the law the winner always would be the one, who proposes lesser price, regardless of other criterias.

Companies with large money are ready to hire a student, who found yesterday about TYPO3 in Google because he says he will make it cheaper than company, which makes TYPO3 sites for years. This is how it is here... This is why I work for European customers mainly. So I really value my customers here. They are the minority who understand that quality has to be paid. This is why I care very much about their experience with TYPO3 :)

I am not in Germany, my friend :) I am in the country, where people still have post-USSR views to things.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team