[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Feb 5 10:07:41 CET 2008

Helmut Hummel schrieb:

>> Which means the change is not backwards compatibe. If it were I didn't
>> have to change my TS.
>
> It _is_ backwards compatible if you use compatibility mode. No one
> forces admins  to change this. A warnig that this may break the TS
> rendering is fine, but I would support Ollis reasoning here, that
> there's no benefit postponing this issue to 4.3.
>
> just my 2 cents

Hi,

I found this point just yet, so here is my comment for it again:

There is check missing with a special var/parameter which must be set in
localconf.php to check the tca display descisition. The check against
the version won't do it, because if you update to 4.2, you cannot see
the old doctypes.

So you have to set this parameter while installing 4.2 or while running
the running the updatewizard.

And there must be a notice, that it is not possible to change the
records-sets back. Because you don't know, if nav_hide/doctype=hide (or
doctype=advanced/doctype=normal) was used before.

So +1 if this things are solved.

Another patch should handle the TS-parser doing the same for doc_type
and nav_hide.

Cheers,

Malte