[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 5 02:06:32 CET 2008

Michael Stucki wrote:

> As Masi already pointed out, the filesystems are not a problem.
> However, if you use a multithreaded API, flock causes strange behaviours.
>
> It's actually documented on php.net but it took me several hours to
> realize that this is the problem!

That was not the real problem: I spent the whole weekend to finally find
out, that the lock was caused by tx_timtaw which was still installed on my
system for testing purposes... Hmpf!

Well, it seems like lock works fine even on my multithreaded system, as well
as the semaphore-locking does.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out