[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Delete unused Marker in parsehtml::substituteMarkerArray

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Feb 4 23:05:34 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1202160794.23365.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> temporary in TYPO3?
>
> my hope that it will be fixed in php one day :-)

 From the PHP documentation:

"strtoupper — Make a string uppercase

Returns string with all alphabetic characters converted to uppercase.

Note that 'alphabetic' is determined by the current locale."

THIS IS A FEATURE NOT A BUG!!

Sorry for shouting, but please folks, read the docs, learn about charset
and locales. I don't understand why so many of you insist that this is a
bug although I have explain many times why strtoupper behaves like this.

Masi