[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Feb 4 22:56:56 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> I don't think that it does matter if this RFC gets into 4.2-beta1 or
>> 4.3. In both cases admins/devs have to take care about their
>> TypoScripts and extensions - sooner or later.
>
> How many sites do you have to update? If you have a year till next
> release, you have lots of time to carefully evaluate and update. If you
> have a month... This is too short time. So it is better for me (as
> administrator of many sites) to have more time.

Oh, I have a couple of sites, too. But I don't see a requirement to
update all of them to TYPO3 4.2 when TYPO3 4.1.x works fine and there's
no demand for new features. Your argument also means that we can only
integrate such changes as one of the very first commits of a new
development branch. TYPO3 4.2-alpha3 would then also have been to late
in this case...

When this change gets committed to the Trunk of TYPO3 4.3 in some weeks,
would you then use the code from Trunk to run your sites on and make
your TypoScript changes? Or would you wait until there's a nearly stable
version of TYPO3 4.3 - such as the first beta?

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/