[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 4 21:39:39 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 02.02.2008 02:08:
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>>
>> As I consider mod_fcgid/apache2-mpm-worker as a great improvement and
>> therefore think that we should not at all rely on the flock()
>> functionality. I'm going to try to use mutex-locks and see if this works
>> better...
>
> Apache offers quite a number of locking mechs. Seems the dev want to put
> the burden of choosing the best (or best fitting) to the user. Maybe we
> should do the same. Add a locking API and make the mech configurable.

I agree: we should have a core API for "locking resources" (e.g. page
caching). We can start shipping with one implementation (e.g. flock),
but have more options in future. Or course the API should be so cool
that even extensions might make use of them. :)

And then Bernhard can build his lockPageGenerate() method upon that.
Bernhard, it would be cool if you could document your lockPageGenerate a
bit "better" so that it might be easier to review that.

Cheers,
Ernesto