[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #5610: Extend TCEFORM_confObj on Page TSconfig by property filterItems

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 4 21:20:56 CET 2008

Michael Stucki wrote: on 04.02.2008 01:34:

>> Good. I changed the patch to use 'keepItems' now.
>
> Did not look at the code at all, but how about this:
>
> TCEFORM.<table>.<field> {
>    removeItems = *
>    addItems.123 = 1
>    addItems.234 = 1
> }
>
> Or alternatively:
>
> TCEFORM.<table>.<field> {
>    removeItems = *
>    addItems = 123,234  # hence allowing assigning values directly
>                          to "addItems" without subkeys, as these values are
>                          already configured with proper labels...
> }
>
> I don't care much if you introduce "keepItems" instead, but this is probably
> more consistent with rtehtmlareas "showButtons" property...

I think the use-case is more like:

The "super-admin" configures the all possible items for a select-box
with nice labels. This is configured in pageTS.

Now we have a bunch of "regular-editor-groups", which should be allowed
for different set of items from the "super-list". Which is where the
"filtering" enters in userTS. The filtering makes sure only those items
remain that specifically have been configured.

Which would be more or less like in your second solution, only more
intuitive. Because in your idea, when you first "removeItems" for my
understanding they are "gone", and also their configuration (labels),
which magically seem to reappear after you addItem without subkeys.

So I keep liking keepItems more. Which maybe should be a concept to be
adopted in other situations too, like rtehtmlarea, which in this area is
a bit confusign (all those deny*, show* etc).

Cheers,
Ernesto