[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Feb 4 19:50:53 CET 2008

Hi Ingmar,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> I vote for putting this patch into trunk early in the 4.3 development
>> phase, so people have a lot of time to cope with it - don't use it for
>> 4.2.
>
> I agree with Ingmar. It is too late for 4.2

We've the following cases when people get in touch with this thing:
1) Creating a new site with TYPO3 4.2 and changing TypoScript
2) Updating an old TYPO3 to TYPO3 4.2 and checking what has changed
3) Extensions (in TER)

I don't think that it does matter if this RFC gets into 4.2-beta1 or
4.3. In both cases admins/devs have to take care about their TypoScripts
and extensions - sooner or later.

But, if the majority is for adding this to 4.3, I'm fine with it.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/