[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Feb 4 17:17:25 CET 2008

Hey,

as much as I understand that this breaks existing functionality, I
really think that this change is important to remove errors we made in
the past.
It can't be right that we drag this "Not in menu" pagetype with us for 4
years although we don't use it anymore as there is the alternative
option, and we still have to explain every newbie admin (and every
editor) the side effects Olly mentioned with the TS option for instance.
The existing solution is MUCH more error-prone for ext-developers, for
admins and more confusing for editors than the solution Steffen created.
That's why we have update wizards -- to fix problems like these. Steffen
brings an updater, to fix this (and as with every other updater, site
admins can choose to run the update or not) and keeps full compatibility
if an admin doesn't want to change this.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org