[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Feb 4 16:33:06 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1202136740.23218.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> But all TS code that checks for the doktype will break.
>>>
>>> If this gets in there must be a huge warning box in the installer.
>>>
>>> Masi
>>
>> Sure with 4.2 changes a lot and old TS code might not work. Don't we
>> have the compatibility-mode for this?
>
> Ahem, you are changing the contents of the real DB with your update
> code. How do you expect any compatibilty mode to cope with that?
>
> I'm talking about custom TS code, not the TS being shipped!
>
> The more I think about this, the more I think this must be optional
> during installation.
>
> So -1 until you can make this compatible.

I had the same feeling as I read your message, but... (see below).
There might be some additional side-effects in front-end rendering:

* indexed_search checks agains doktype!=5 but not against nav_hide==0
* tslib_menu used doktype "5" to completely exclude and pages that have
the flag nav_hide enabled could be shown with TS property
'includeNotInMenu' - this was inconsistent and would be fixed by this

But after thinking a bit about it, also the custom TS code is
inconsistent if doktype=5 and nav_hide=1 were not treated to be the
same, isn't it - am I wrong?

olly
--
Oliver Hader