[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Feb 4 15:39:15 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
>  Reason for 1)
> the fields are needed for most pages, eg Metadata should be available all
> the time. With having tabs in page properties now it isn't a "moster form"
>
> Reason for 2)
> As there is the field "hide in menu" this page type is not necessary
>
> Solution:
>
>  (This is extracted from a former patch from me reworked for trunk version.)
>
> This patch does following:
>
> 1) remove page type "Advanced" and use "Advanced" options for page type
> "Normal"
> 2) remove page type "Not in menu"
>
> It is still possible to use this types in compatibility modus.
> Update classes are included, that does the necessary updates in database
> for 1) change doktype 2 => 1
> for 2) change doctype 5 => 1 and set nav_hide = 1

(I used your second patch)

Thanks for you work, but I have some small annotations:

* In typo3/sysext/install_old/ext_localconf.php several classes get
always loaded by require_once() which are only needed when the install
tool is really executed(./mod/class.tx_install.php).
* Is there somewhere an output if something went wrong in the update
wizard? There's a check $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_error(), but I could
not find any output - maybe the &$customMessages reference in the
update-objects can be used for this purpose.
* Please let the original copyright and author in in
typo3/sysext/install_old/updates/class.tx_coreupdates_notinmenu.php, but
I'm fine if you add yourself as @(co-)author.

If these missing things were fixed: +1 on testing and reading

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/