[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2731: Improved caching of locallang

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 4 09:54:52 CET 2008

Hi!

This change should be definitely good and I hope too we can get it in 4.2.

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Warning: I have started this patch a long time ago for the BE. This part
> worked well. The part for the FE I have written right now (in the
> night). This part is not so well tested.

May be it should be two-part patch... But it is not a request to make two parts now :)

> As the diff is nearly unreadable please test with various setups. Use
> languages with different charset, set and unset forceCharset, fiddle
> with renderCharset. In typo3temp/llxml you'll find a cache file for each
>  locallang.php, language and charset.

Ok, diff ~looks~ ok for me, I will apply it now and run my test localhost site in Russian+utf-8 with this patch while working on other things. So it will be clear if anything is wrong. There are some very minors in the patch that should be cleaned up (really minors):
- readLPHPfile uses both empty return and return with value
- "was no TYPO3 language file!", "no" => "not"
- "var $cacheContentFlag=''" in original version was set to zero but changed to empty string. This does not look right because it is used as integer in the rest of the code.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team