[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7371: Query generator does not accept dates in where condition

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Feb 4 02:10:31 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Oliver Hader" <oh at inpublica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1202084582.4870.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Problem:
>> In lowlevel / DB check / Full search, you can't set any value in the
>> conditions of "date" and "datetime" fields. Every time you submit the
>> form, the values are removed again.
>> Additionally, the JS eval functions seem not to work.
>>
>> Solution:
>> SVN rev. 1899 (4.1.0) introduced the file jsfunc.tbe_editor.js and
>> changed the parts in the Core that were formerly hardcoded. In
>> t3lib_queryGenerator the name of the HTML form object was addressed by
>> document.forms[0] and not by a real name. Introducing some required
>> methods to set the name of the form over the envolved instances to
>> inform the JavaScript object 'TBE_EDITOR', solves this issue.
>>
>> Comments:
>> Additionally, it should be mentioned that the whole module does not work
>> anymore unless you fix line 633 of class.t3lib_fullsearch.php. Use type
>> casting to make sure t3lib_div::_POST('SET') is an array:
>> ...(array)t3lib_div::_POST('SET')...
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7371
>>
>> Branches: TYPO3_4-1 & Trunk
>
> i read it and it looks good. Reasons you mentioned are important for change.
> just a question: why changed you singlequotes to doublequotes in JS-part?

So, can I take it as a "+1"? Thank you! :)

Concerning the JS changes, we take a close look:
-
$this->extJSCODE.='typo3form.fieldSet("'.$this->name.$subscript.'[inputValue]",
'.date.', "", 0,0);';
+
$this->extJSCODE.='typo3form.fieldSet("'.$this->name.$subscript.'[inputValue]",
"date", "", 0,0);';

The JS code starts with a single code and uses double quotes for strings
of the JS call. The part <'.date.'> was wrong since it was seen as PHP
var/constant/whatever and evaluated as string, e.g. like the following:
<?php
echo ''.date.'';
?>

olly