[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #2988, enable EXPLAIN SELECT in TS admin panel

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Feb 4 02:03:51 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> after a long and beautiful holiday, I'm back on this list. Great to see
> the huge amount of fixes and great(!) features that have been
> implemented in the meantime. Keep up the great work!
>
> Here is my first RFC, I plan to send some more and hope to get them
> committed before 4.2 feature freeze.
>
> Problem:
> The TS-debugger in adminPanel (FE) has an option "Explain Select
> queries". Currently that is of no usage, since the $GLOBALS['TT'] Object
> does not receive the needed information to show this Information.
>
> Solution:
> Attached is a patch with implements the feature. The code was initially
> written by Kasper but was never committed. I only implemented the TS
> admin panel integration.
>
> Comments:
> The patch is not DBAL compliant. Should we care? IMHO it can be
> implemented later by request.
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2988
>
> Branches:
> Trunk only

+	function setTSselectQuery($data,$msg='')  {

The methods parameter '$data' should be of type array, e.g. with type
casting.

Furthermore I added some sql_free_result() calls, changed to
is_resource($res) and changed the mysql_query calls to $this->sql_query.
But I'm not sure how this behaves on other DBMS (as you also had written
down as comment).

Feel free to take over my changes from the attachment... ;)

+1 on testing and reading
Thank you for this helpful feature!

olly
--