[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #0007295: Bogus check in handler_getFromTableList

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Feb 3 08:55:02 CET 2008

Hi Oliver,

> Problem:
> There is an uninitialized variable used for a check, causing the check
> condition to never trigger.
>
> Solution:
> Remove the bogus check and clean up that part of the code.

I disagree. This is the old code:

-                                               // Find handler key, select "_DEFAULT" if none is specifically configured:
-                                       $handlerKey = $this->table2handlerKeys[$vArray['table']] ? $this->table2handlerKeys[$vArray['table']] : '_DEFAULT';
-
-                                               // In case of separate handler keys for joined tables:
-                                       if ($outputHandlerKey && $handlerKey != $outputHandlerKey)      {
-                                               die('DBAL fatal error: Tables in this list "'.$tableList.'" didn\'t use the same DB handler!');
-                                       }
-
-                                       $outputHandlerKey = $handlerKey;
+                                       // Find handler key, select "_DEFAULT" if none is specifically configured:
+                                       $outputHandlerKey = $this->table2handlerKeys[$vArray['table']] ? $this->table2handlerKeys[$vArray['table']] : '_DEFAULT';

So the check seems just fine: If $outputHandlerKey is not set, it is also not
compared. I did not check this, but if my assumption is wrong, then the
problem description is probably the same...

> Branch: Trunk

Two notes about code cleanup:

- Comments are always indented by a tab, so please don't change this.
- Whenever you do whitespace-cleanup, make sure to add two patches: a
  complete one, and another one with diff calling the "-w" switch (ignores
  whitespace-changes). This makes it easier to review such patches...

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out