[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #7352: New backend problems in FireFox, Safari, OmniWeb and Camino

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Feb 2 11:33:23 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem: new backend has a problem on all above mentioned browsers:
> content iframe is far below the menu (see be-in-ff-on-macos.gif). Safari
> and OmniWeb (=anything-based on Apple WebKit) does not resize backend
> correctly. It appears that TYPO3 resize manager is called when BE is not
> fully loaded and it receives wrong height of toolbar (something close to
> 171 instead of 25). See webkit-resize-bug.jpg)
>
> Solution: the attached patch fixes both problems. Content frame width is
> set to 99.9% instead of 100%, which helps. Safari must attach resize
> handler only after document is read (=all CSSes are processed), I added
> handler to call resize handler when document is fully loaded. So
> resizing works correctly and without flickering.

I could not reproduce this on FF or Safari, but I had a similar issue
yesterday which was solved by just clearing the configuration cache in
typo3conf. SVN rev. 3004 changed a style thingy by adding a CSS resource
in an ext_tables.php file and this wasn't loaded in my case.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/