[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #7336: Improve usability of Constants Editor

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Feb 1 06:35:13 CET 2008

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7336

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
The current Constants Editor requires clicking on a checkbox and
reloading the entire editing form in order to edit a single constant.

Solution:
This can be improved by using Javascript to make the editing more dynamic.

A demo of this dynamic editing can be seen at
http://webempoweredchurch.com/fileadmin/proj/misc/constants_editor.mp4

In addition, the HTML output of the submodule can be cleaned up to
produce more semantically valid HTML and the overall code formatting of
the Constants Editor can be cleaned up.

Notes:
There's still plenty of room for discussion on this patch. Is a trash
can the appropriate icon or should we have something that indicates
close or rollback instead of delete.

We'll also need integration with the new docheader for the Templates
module once Patrick and Benni are done.

As such, this is an attempt to get the patch out there for inclusion in
4.2, but I expect there will be some refinements needed.

Thanks,
Jeff