[TYPO3-core] Ready for TYPO3 4.2.4?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Dec 30 19:15:17 CET 2008

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Are there any things that can be doen for 4.0.x? I notices that a patch
>> making the RTE compatible with FF3 has been added, but there was never a
>> release that included it.
>
> Is TYPO3 4.0 still supported? I thought only the stable (4.2) and the
> last stable (4.1) versions were supported.

A version is (at least) supported for one year after it has been
superseded. So yes, 4.0 is not really supported any more. But I noticed
that some customers still cling to old versions of TYPO3, but upgrade
their browsers. So fixes for FF3 and who knows IE8 or Safari might be
welcome for 4.0. I also thought that possible security fixes might also
be of interest for 4.0.

Masi