[TYPO3-core] Ready for TYPO3 4.2.4?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 30 10:36:26 CET 2008

Hi!

>> Releasing more often sounds really good to me. This is kind of what I
>> suggested weeks ago when I said that there should be a way to apply
>> critical patches to the latest official release. If you release more
>> often, this implicitly cover this case which I find really good.
>
> We talked once that we should release a new maintenance version once a month. In practice it is not working because we do not have that many patches for it.

Once a month might be a bit too much or be very good. I don't think we
should have a fixed timeframe but instead Michael may find that
committed patches are worth a new release. It might be after 3 weeks if
something was really bad (which should not be the case of course) or
after 2 months if there was not so many critical bugs fixed.

The point is "more often". To me, it does not mean evenly spaced in
time, like every x weeks.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en