[TYPO3-core] RFC #10011: New feature: TypoScript Condition to check for installed extensions

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Dec 25 10:08:39 CET 2008

Hey Franz,

can you give an example where you want to use this?

I tried to come up with a use-case and that was the first one that came
to my mind:

[extLoaded = realurl]
   config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
[GLOBAL]

and then I thought that if

config.tx_realurl_enable = 1

is on and the extension is not installed, that nothing would ever
happen, so it doesn't do any harm to have it without the condition.

If extensions would use this in their own TypoScript files that come
with their plugins, this wouldn't make a lot of sense as well, as the
static templates would only be included once they are installed and
explicity added.

I see, however, that it could be powerful when writing a generic
TypoScript for websites, or if an extension adds functionality to
another extension, so e.g. when comments are added to the TypoScript of
tt_news, tt_news could have prepared some conditions what to add when
comments are installed. But again, in this case I thought: Well, if
comments would ship automatically with a static template for this, and
you only add it once comments is installed, we're again good to go :).

All the best,
benni.