[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #9596: htmlArea RTE does not work in IRRE subelements

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Dec 23 02:39:52 CET 2008

Hi Olly,

> thanks for fixing this issue again! However, IRRE and RTE once worked
> well in TYPO3 4.1 or 4.2... How can we avoid such (mostly JavaScript)
> issues in future?

I think that patches for issues #9613 and #9516, related to CSS
inclusion, may have created problems. But also, I think some cases where
never tested. In particular, an IRRE structure where the first instance
of the RTE is loaded through ajax. This case raised various issues.

For the future, I will submit as RFC and not FYI any patch that affects
the initialization process of the RTE.

I committed patch #9596 only to trunk. It is a substantial patch, and I
think it requires more testing before it can be included in the 4.2
branch. It may also affect FCE's. I will resubmit it as RFC for the 4.2
branch.

Kind regards,
Stan