[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5186: Image width for multiple columns (css_styled_content)

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Mon Dec 22 23:17:47 CET 2008

Hey Benni,

judging from the amount of posts here today... you got holidays, don't
you? :)

However, thanks for putting this one up. I had a look at it again and
found my own variable namings not very helpful to understand what is
corrected (and unfortunately what not).

So I'm attaching a slightly modified patch, which should be better
understandable.

And unfortunately showing better, that "only" the situation is covered
and maxW is really guaranteed to be the maximum, if each column should
be equal in width. Which is admittedly the setting I use the most by far
and refering to as (1).

If colRelations (2) or equalHeight (3) are set, maxW again is not
guaranteed to hold as a maximum for more than one column. I think these
two would have to be handled separately - but that may need some (more
or less) heavy head scratching.

So. By reviewing my own snippet again, I still would think having (1)
solved in the core is better than it is right now. But having solved (2)
and (3) as well would be undeniably better.

Cheers
Ralf