[TYPO3-core] RFC #9994: Bug: ereg_replace is deprecated in PHP 5.3 alpha3

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Dec 22 18:36:37 CET 2008

Hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 22.12.2008 16:44:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> i have an idea. As unittests are not quickly installed for v4, we could
>>> make following:
>>> * add a folder "testcases" to typo3, which will not part of package
>>> * add classes and unittests to this folder.
>> What about making an extension on Forge with tests (t3v4unit)? There can be a team, who makes tests. Anyone in the team will be able to add unit tests for TYPO3. Anyone than will be able to install it and see if tests pass in his environment. It is the easiest way.
>
> This should be part of the core (trunk). I have suggested in our
> core-meeting before the T3DD08 that once we have a unit-test framework
> for the core in place, we could reward people which use it (instead of
> forcing everybody to use it).

indeed this makes it more official than an external extension. And it's
a motivation to use it!

> My idea would be that RFCs which include an unit test which reproduces
> the bug (and the fix) could be commited to core with only one further
> core developer review + test (+1) instead of two.

actual patches need only one review from core dev and a second from
another one, so this has to be redefined. Having such expression would
also speed up many RFCs!
There are some patches where unit tests can be difficult like using FE
or other classes, may be we need some expierience amd good examples for
those tests.

vg Steffen