[TYPO3-core] #10004: Extend UpdateWizard for install systemextensions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Dec 22 17:45:16 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> as about and cshmanual are sysexts now the update wizard was required.
>> Benii did one for simulatestatics and i extended this one and added
>> about and cshmanual.
>> By doing this we saw that this part for fe_edit was missing, so i added
>> this too. It's easy now to add other sysextensions to this wizard if
>> needed.
>>
>> Here is the patch and the screenshots, i will commit this in 72 hours if
>> noone objects.
>
> #8492 is "tiny stuff in the Help Module #1". Since you are going to commit quite a large chunk (not one line fix), you need a new RFC for it. This is a new code in update wizard, not a follow up.

yes, the title doesn't say enough about the patch. There was a request
inside this thread to complete it with moving both modules to
sysextensions which i did. After that i got the voting for commit, and
Benni wanted to have it included in the updateWizard.
Good, as fe_edit was forgotten by this too.

So this was condition for Benni's +1 on 8492, and i wanted to make it
more clear in this "extra" RFC.

> I am ok with 72h but it must be a proper RFC.

ok, here is the missing part

This is SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10004

These systemextensions was created by moving the code from core to sysexts:

* simulatestatics
* fe_edit
* about
* cshmanual

Following patch includes all to the updateWizard.