[TYPO3-core] RFC #9994: Bug: ereg_replace is deprecated in PHP 5.3 alpha3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Dec 22 17:05:50 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i have an idea. As unittests are not quickly installed for v4, we could
>> make following:
>> * add a folder "testcases" to typo3, which will not part of package
>> * add classes and unittests to this folder.
>
> What about making an extension on Forge with tests (t3v4unit)? There can be a team, who makes tests. Anyone in the team will be able to add unit tests for TYPO3. Anyone than will be able to install it and see if tests pass in his environment. It is the easiest way.

The interesting point here is that everybody is able to test the
install. But I think it should be part of the core (but the distributed)
as code should be tested. This will "educate" contributors (and core
team member) to slowly move to TDD which is the way v5 is developed.

If it is outside of the core, then the risk is that some core members do
not write unit test for their new features which I find not cool.

You may externalize the unit test repository using a SVN property
svn:externals. This way, people may easily incorporate this into their
install.

BTW, I'm not sure why somebody would like to run tests on another
revision that the head of trunk. And this means that they probably will
use the trunk itself as typo3_src.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html