[TYPO3-core] RFC #5932: Bug: page module not usable due to warning message with filemtime

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Mon Dec 22 08:18:30 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5932

Branches:
TYPO3_4-2 and trunk.

Problem:
When I go to the page module then I get a warning message on the page
where FE user records have been stored.

Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for
/var/www/html/uploads/pics/the_img_name.jpg in
/var/www/html/trunk/t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php on line 1729

This happens when the image has been deleted from the file system. The
JavaScript on the page module's right side does not work any more.

Solution:
Check for the existance of the file before the call of function filemtime.

Notes:
Also bugs in another extension can lead to this, where the images of
table records are not existing on the file system. This shall however
not lead to an unusable page module.

Greetings,

Franz