[TYPO3-core] FYI72: #9947: gzip compression does not work in BE at all

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Dec 20 16:26:02 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9947
>
> Solution: the solution is to use PHP built-in output compression handler,
> which is faster anyway.

This patch brakes BE for me. After update from rev 4562 to 4562 where this bug and #9947 were fixed, apache sends me 0 byte sized responses in most backend modules.

I did some debugger runs and I see normal page content being generated in debugger, but after TYPO3 finishing it's work, nothing is sent to the client.

In my error log I find the following lines:
ALERT - canary mismatch on efree() - heap overflow detected (attacker '127.0.0.1', file '/var/www/vhosts/dmm/typo3/alt_mod_frameset.php'),

So suhosin prevents a heap overflow.

I don't know, what could be done against this, but as I use standard Ubuntu (8.10 amd64), I think this patch should be tested a bit more.

If you need any information about my system, just ask!

Steffen