[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9944: Feature: Unneccessary wildcard string comparisons in EM

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Dec 15 12:09:30 CET 2008

Hi!

Marcus Krause wrote:
> Introduce a new boolean parameter $exactMatch for method
> searchExtensionsXML(); default is false. If true a query like
> AND extkey = "EXTKEY"
> is created instead of
> AND extkey LIKE '%EXTKEY%'
>
> Notes:
> The patch reorders parameters of method searchExtensionsXML(), i.e. not
> appending the new parameter at the end but instead in between existing
> ones. I now that this breaks backward compatibility but I took care that
> all method calls in module em are updated to reflect this. The reason
> for doing it that way is the fact that the new order reflects importance
> of this parameter. Also I don't want that method calls have to provide a
> default limit number only to be able to set $exactMatch parameter.
> See bugtracker for query logs, performance impact, query planner.

I understand the reasons very well and I agree with them. But any XCLASSes will be broken by this change and we do not normally do this. I have no idea if any XCLASS exist for these classes. If no, we can freely go.

Another (more safe) option is to introduce a different function, named "searchExtensionsXMLExact" and use it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team