[TYPO3-core] FYI: #9915: Typing error in tslib_content ($gifCreateor => $gifCreator)

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Dec 11 19:51:36 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> here it is.
>
> bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9915
>
> vg Steffen
>
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> as you could see
>>> $gifCreateor->png_truecolor was called, but with the typo there is no
>>> object $gifCreateor, so it's a fatal error.
>>> This error only happens if $fileArray['reduceColors'] is set.
>>>
>>> Is that broken enough?
>>
>> Looks like a bugfix. So it must be RFC of "FYI" style. This change
>> changes the behavior, so it must be recorded in the bug tracker. It is
>> not just a typo.
>>
>> Please, make a BT entry and resolve it immediately. We must keep track
>> of fixed problems.

Thanks for taking care! I've added the patch (as also attached in this
post) to the bugtracker and updated the ChangeLog entries since there's
an issue in the bugtracker now.

To clearify the commit process of this issue to everyone else:
Steffen asked me whether it's possible to commit such an obvious bugfix
- a one character typing error - right away to SVN. I agreed, since it's
not required to start the whole overhead for such a real obvious thing.

However, when such things are committed to SVN directly, there has to be
a "FYI report" in this list that looks like a regular RFC with
description, solution, branches and - very important - the patch file
that contains all changes.

But never mind, since now everything is fine again... :)

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 4.3 Release Manager